Magento Content Marketing
WHAT IS CONTENT MARKETING AND WHY DOES IT MATTER TO YOU IN ECOMMERCE?
Content marketing is a way of communicating with your customers and prospective customers without directly selling to them. It is a non-interruptive marketing that finds a way to create a context that someone is seeking for and is correspondingly relevant to what you have to offer. Instead of directly pitching your products or services, you are delivering information that makes your buyer more informed and intelligent. The essence of this content strategy is the belief that if you, as a relevant business, deliver consistent, ongoing and valuable information to buyers, they ultimately reward us with their business and loyalty.
MAGENTO CONTENT STRATEGY SERVICES
At NuEthic, we have garnered for our clients literally millions of dollars of original revenues directly traceable to the origination/creation of relevant content in the right places. We offer many aspects of consulting for creating a content marketing strategy for your Magento eCommerce Store and support that strategy with services to help you fulfill a meaningful and successful content marketing campaign.
COMMON CONTENT MARKETING EFFORTS INCLUDE:
- BLOGS (intrasite and extrasite)
- PRESS RELEASES
- MICRO SITES
- EMAIL & NEWSLETTER MARKETING
MAGENTO CONTENT MARKETING CASE STUDY
We began a content marketing campaign with eFoodsDirect.com years ago by starting out the following fundamentals.
- We feel that the current default blog functionality in Magento is not strong enough to support a robust and scalable content marketing campaign so our first order of business was migrating any existing content from the client’s blog to WordPress and integrate this technology on their site (both stylistically as well as in the core site framework at the root level).
- We then planned out with their marketing team what resources they had to continuously create and contribute relevant content to their blog.
- We reviewed with the client about a dozen areas of focus to set up as categories on the blog and a specific plan behind each category as well as keywords to target for the same.
- We setup processes for their internal marketing team to work with third party of resources with core competencies in each area of the categories of the blog. We had to qualify these people to these aspects:
- Are they good at writing
- Do they have a passion for the area of focus?
- Do they have a good community following them independent of their contribution to this blog?
- Do they represent the same values of the client in their other writing and business practices?
- We formulated a strategy for fair compensation to authors and contributors
- We setup procedures and protocols for managing, editing, and scheduling this content utilizing the word press features for content contributors and authors.
In the course of roughly two years after this implementation successfully beginning and following a rigorous campaign consistency, we were pleased to learn from the client based off the detailed analytics reports that our content strategy consulting for the Magento store has garnered over $2.5 million in additional revenues through the site traceable to traffic originating to the site from this blog strategy!